1. Mobile Learning Initiative – Leadership for Mobile Learning – An initiative dedicated to assisting school leaders in planning for and successfully implementing mobile technologies. Tapping into the best of mobile learning practice and policy, this team will investigate, discuss and share their findings.
2. Collaborate on Mobile Learning – Access4learning – Online collaboration to benefit student learning and mobile initiatives will be available to those who join this site. It is an online forum for sharing resources and solutions on mobile learning and ‘bring your own technology’ to school scenarios.
3. Technology Policies One Stop Shop – AUP Guide in the Web 2.0 and Mobile Era – Fostering online safety and access to the extraordinary resources found on the web are the focus of this guide. New technologies require new policies and procedures. There is a solution for that! Here schools can find legal information, state law guides, sample Technology Acceptable Use Policies and related research. This guide helps schools to weigh the latest trends and incorporate their use into policies.
4. Emerging Technologies Showcase – Horizon Report Hub – Emerging Technologies are detailed each year in the Horizon Report, recently released by the Global HP Initiative. This new site allows school leaders to find examples, supporting research and media to aid in the implementation of each of the emerging trends. School leaders can learn more about the Horizon Report research process also be visiting the project wiki.
5. Green Technology Resources –Green Computing Initiative – Take care of our earth and save money too by going Green. Purchasing and Disposal, Energy Management and Green Schools certifications are detailed here.
6. Web Collaboration Tools and Rules – Participatory Learning in Schools – Social Learning is here to stay. View materials for exploring the possibilities.
7. Speak Up for EdTech Funding – ETAN Edtech Action Network – Federal funding is essential for schools. Like many other budgets this one funding is endangered. Visitors can write to legislators to voice support for Educational Technology here.
8. Figure in Savings – Total Cost of Ownership – A set of tools and strategies for calculating costs and improvements. With the correct data, school leaders can make the cost saving, effective decisions for providing school technology.
Surely, today’s changing educational and technological landscape requires open minds and a collaborative efforts by those in schools and in our larger community. Just as quality jazz music requires rhythm and improvisation, today’s widely changing landscape requires a new open ended, open minded way of viewing the world, of viewing education and a strong, collaborative effort of those in our schools.
Information taken from: http://schoolcio.com/showarticle/37824